Ms. Dolan’s second class attended a “Gallery in the classroom” workshop on zoom that was hosted by the National Gallery of Ireland. Our tour guide was called Elaine and she guided us through the entrance of the Gallery as well as showing us 5 different pieces of art:
- Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
- Berthe Morisot, Le Corsage Noir, 1878
- Mainie Jellett, A Composition, 1930s
- Jack B. Yeats, The Liffey Swim, 1923
- Saoirse Wall, Gesture 2, 2014
The children responded to the art – discussing what they liked/didn’t like about the pictures. Elaine told the children some history about each painting and showed its location in the gallery! It was a wonderful workshop – the children and adults in the room couldn’t wait to visit the gallery in real life soon!