As a residential cul-de-sac, Sydenham Villas becomes very congested at the start and end of the school day, which can create difficulties and danger for pedestrians and motorists alike.
The car parking outside Taney Parish Primary School is very restricted and priority must be given to access at all times, especially in cases of emergency. We therefore ask parents / guardians to:
- Always have the highest regard for the safety of the children who, being young, are capable of doing something unpredictable;
- Consider the local residents and to drive and park in such a way as to not inconvenience these people;
- Not park on the double yellow lines at any time, not even to drop off or pick up children as this halts other traffic from behind and prevents them from entering the cul-de-sac;
- Not park on the specific Zig-Zag School Only road markings at any time for the same reason;
- NEVER double park; and
- Not drive into school grounds, including the teachers’ car park, at any time for any reason.
If there are no available designated parking spaces, we would encourage parking at the Taney Parish car park which is a short stroll away or alternatively, on Stoney Road which operates a pay and display system. Also, please be aware that the allotted timeframe for parking in the spaces immediately alongside the school is before 10 a.m. and after 1 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
Please note that the Dundrum Gardai regularly patrol the area and issue tickets and fines accordingly.
Taney Parish Primary School has a local traffic warden, Rita Deally, who sees the children safely across the junction at Sydenham Villas and the Upper Kilmacud Road between 8.20 and 9 a.m. and again between 2.10 and 2.30 p.m. on weekdays. We would ask you to cooperate with her at all times and to engage in safe road practices so that your children are encouraged to do the same.